LET'S PROTECT NATURE TO SAVE OUR FUTURE
Nature has to be protected
Human activities are massively destroying nature every single day. Our day actions are the main causes of global warming which specifically accelerates ice melting and others climate change phenomenon such as flooding, cyclones, etc….
Ice melting, deforestation, ocean pollution, drought, ecosystem changes are unprecedented upheavals which need all our attention.
For many years, we have been witnessing the profusion of extreme climate phenomena such as cyclones, tsunamis, and flooding, and heat waves. Those phenomenons are speeding up with rising ocean temperatures and atmosphere.
The global warming effect
- The rate of sea level rise has accelerated during the last decades.
- In 2015, the average temperature of the planet has increased by 0.74 degrees Celsius compared to the 20th century average.
- In France, the number of summer days (with a superior temperature of 25°C) significantly increased on the period of 1950-2010.The extreme climate phenomenon (storms, flooding and drought) keeps multiplying.
- 20 to 30% of animal and vegetal species are threatened with extinction.
- We observe crises related to food resources. Droughts, for instance, can have a direct impact on agricultural products, thus bringing about major food crises, sources of conflict and migrations.
- CO2 concentration increase in the atmosphere leads a strong CO2 concentration in the ocean and therefore, acidifying waters. This acidification represents a major risk for coral reefs and some types of plankton.
How our artistic work can save environment
We aim to raise awareness public awareness on environmental issues and environmental protection. The IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change) has evaluated worldwide climate evolutions since 1988. The last report of this organization was in 2014 and highlights an alarming situation.
We launch a campaign called “The Essence of Life” to raise public awareness about our negative impact on environment and climate change. Through an artistic approach and unique visual artworks, our aim is to focus attention, educate the younger generation and unite as many people as possible for a cause which concerns all of us.
FREE SPIRIT FOUNDATION CREATED 2 PROGRAMS TO PROTECT ENVIRONMENT
RE-GREEN THE PLANET
A reforestation program
Inspired by the Kenyan Nobel Prized environmental activist’s work, Wangari Maathai, who planted 3 million trees during 30 years, the Free Spirit Foundation joined the global effort of many organizations that decided to plant trees to restore our forest. Planting trees is one of the most natural initiatives that enables to fight against global warming. We created the RE-GREEN THE PLANET program to plant 1 million trees within the next few years.
A marine conservation program
O’dyssey is a marine conservation program created by Free Spirit. We aim to raising public awareness on ocean pollution. The ocean is playing a major role in our life as it is the largest ecosystem on Earth. What happens to the ocean impacts all of us. Oceans generate half of the oxygen we breathe and, at any given moment, they contain more than 97% of the world’s water.
HOW CAN ART PROTECT ENVIRONMENT ?
Art can raise public awareness
Founded by the creative collective Free Spirit, The essence of life is a project dedicated to creating greater awareness for climate change and human impact on environment. Through an artistic approach and unique visual artworks, our aim is to focus attention, educate the younger generation and unite as many people as possible for a cause which concerns all of us.
Music can plant trees
Through our concert, called “EMAJINARIUM – After the storm”, we raise funds to plant trees all over the world. Opera singers, pianists, violinists and several artists are part of that beautiful project. Free Spirit planted 1000 trees in Mexico and 33000 trees in Kenya so far with its local partners.