We aim to raise awareness public awareness on environmental issues and environmental protection. The IPCC (Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change) has evaluated worldwide climate evolutions since 1988. The last report of this organization was in 2014 and highlights an alarming situation.
The global warming effect
- The rate of sea level rise has accelerated during the last decades.
- In 2015, the average temperature of the planet has increased by 0.74 degrees Celsius compared to the 20th century average.
- In France, the number of summer days (with a superior temperature of 25°C) significantly increased on the period of 1950-2010.The extreme climate phenomenon (storms, flooding and drought) keeps multiplying.
- 20 to 30% of animal and vegetal species are threatened with extinction.
- We observe crises related to food resources. Droughts, for instance, can have a direct impact on agricultural products, thus bringing about major food crises, sources of conflict and migrations.
- CO2 concentration increase in the atmosphere leads a strong CO2 concentration in the ocean and therefore, acidifying waters. This acidification represents a major risk for coral reefs and some types of plankton.
How our artistic work can save environment :
We launch a campaign called “The Essence of Life” to raise public awareness about our negative impact on environment and climate change. Through an artistic approach and unique visual artworks, our aim is to focus attention, educate the younger generation and unite as many people as possible for a cause which concerns all of us.
Our foundation also launches its program “re-green the planet”, a reforestation program all over the world. Through our concert, called “EMAJINARIUM – After the storm”, we raise funds to plant trees all over the world. Inspired by the Kenyan Nobel Prized environmental activist’s work, Wangari Maathai, who planted 3 million trees during 30 years, the Free Spirit thus joins the world effort of all the organizations and all the committed citizens in the reforestation of our beautiful planet, this initiative should be imperatively along with a way of life more respectful of nature for each individual living on our planet. Free Spirit planted 1000 trees in Mexico and 33000 trees in Kenya so far.